This week News-2-You is about the Westminster Dog Show. (Which for some reason makes me think about my thesis adviser.) Here are some resources you can use to extend your lessons.
Photos and Videos
- Westminster Kennel Club Videos
- How Stuff Works Video circa 1952
- How Stuff Works Dog Picture Slide Show
- News Week Video about new breed in dog show and the a Chow Chow prepping for the show)
- Obstacle course designed just for your learners (or with different levels for different abilities) including running/moving fast, jumping/rolling over, turning and more - students with significant physical challenges might enjoy being the "trainer" for typical peer or staff
- dog shadow puppets on a light box
- fill a sensory box with (edible for human consumption just in case) dog bones, dog toys and collars/leashes
- do some primping like the dogs do - washing hair and blow drying, combing/brushing, nail care, etc.