I found some great foam swords at Rite-Aid for 2.99! We will be using them in fitness group in my class this week to do a little adapted fencing. Only six dollars for two of them!
Here are a few more resources found since the last Princess Bride Theme Unit post:
- Have a "battle of the wits" snack - crusty fresh baked bread, apples and grape juice, then play a guessing game with some goblets from the thrift shop. Put a sticker (preferably with the universal symbol for poison on it) on the bottom of one goblet and have students try to guess which one it is under. Use the opportunity to teach this important survival sign.
- As You Wish e-card
- Make Character Trading Cards
- Princess Bride Internet Hunt (will need to be adapted for special education use)
- Princess Bride Trivia Quiz (will also need adaptation)
- Movie Goofs (play spot the goof with your students, maybe use some kind of noise maker every time a goof is spotted)
- Castle Adventures from The Children's Museum of Indianapolis (tab/enter work to make this two switch scanable or use on SmartBoard - this site is pretty awesome, be sure to check it out)