- Temporary Tattoos can be made at home using special paper or custom orders can be created by companies like Stray Tats. You can have a strip of symbols "tattooed" on your students arm or leg, have yes and no on your own hands or come up with a solution that is perfect for you. If you are really committed go for the real thing! (and send me pics!)
|Yes and No Temporary Tattoos|
- Print boards on waterproof paper and use them in the water. Waterproof paper can be purchased at Staples or other stores or online from Amazon or specialty companies.
- Laminating, especially using a heat seal laminating machine and thicker laminating plastic is another great way to waterproof low tech communication boards. Remember to cut before you laminate (and then cut again WITHOUT cutting the paper underneath) to keep your board waterproof. After you laminate you have lots of choices:
|Kickboard by Tots-n-Tech|
- Print communication symbols, boards or spelling boards on tee shirts, bandannas or fabric to use in the water. You can also buy shirts or bandannas. Communication partners can wear a tee shirt or tank top or carry a cloth to be used in or around water.
|AAC on a Shirt|
- Finally, though I don't know if I would risk it, you can purchase waterproof cases for most electronic devices. So if you are feeling daring you can give that a shot!
Do you have a creative solution? Please send pictures!