Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Website of the Day - oSkope Visual Search


Via Larry Ferallzo's blog, I give you oSkope as an alternative to Google Images or what ever source people are using for photographs for making flashcards, importing into Boardmaker, making teacher created books and more.

oSkope allows you to search a website from a list. Right now the websites include Amazon, Ebay, Flickr, Fotolia, Yahoo Image and You Tube. I tried running some searches for item I sometimes need pictures of, like Chewy Tubes, bean bag chairs, various animal and classroom items like notebooks and computers.

oSkope worked great for finding exact photographic images of products I use in my classroom and thus want on Boardmaker boards and schedules for my students who respond better to photos. It worked just as well finding images of things like Pandas, the Yangtze River or snow storms for curriculum creations.

Some nice features are choosing how you want to view the images (a grid, a stack, etc), drag and drop to "My Folder" for e-mailing to yourself or someone else and the ability to search within a catagory - which is super for finding images of book or CD covers for communication boards or curriculum.

Sound too good to be true? There is a down side. Images are viewed in flash only, so no right click and "save as" or "copy". This is so annoying it sent me right back to Google Images for quick picture finding, although I will stick with Oskope for when I need to find lots of images at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you found the site useful. I agree that having the photos in Flash is a bit annoying. However, since it also gives you the original link, I figure it's easy enough to click on that to get to image to copy and save.

    Thanks for finding and sharing the great resources you do on your blog. I've been a fan for awhile.

    Larry Ferlazzo

    ReplyDelete

Comments and respectful discussion are welcome and encouraged! No advertisements or spamming.

Contact Me at:

Contact Me at:

Visit our advertisers:

Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation SpinLife.com, LLC Try Nick Jr. Boost FREE for 7 Days LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Build-A-Bear HearthSong - Toys Outlet