Friday, March 16, 2007

Tube Feedings at School


Many of our students in the intensive special needs classroom are feed by a g- or j-tube, either alone or in addition to oral feeding. In my first job (what feels like a thousand years ago) teachers and para-educators gave students g-tube feedings, the two schools I have worked at since then both have a nurse give the tube feedings. I have had students "graduate" from g-tubes while in my class (an exciting and scary time for families) and students start using a g-tube while in my class (also a scary time for families). Below I have created a list of links about g- and j-tubes.
Tube Feeding Information
Tube Feeding Organizations
Tube Feeding Products/Accessories
G-Tube Accessible Clothing Companies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and respectful discussion are welcome and encouraged! No advertisements or spamming.

Contact Me at:

Contact Me at:

Visit our advertisers:

Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation SpinLife.com, LLC Try Nick Jr. Boost FREE for 7 Days LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Build-A-Bear HearthSong - Toys Outlet