Sunday, August 16, 2009

Two Weeks Until School Starts

For me at least, there is two weeks until school starts, although I know many of you have already started back and many of you have a week or so longer than that. For the first time in many years I will be starting in a new job, with all new students, new staff, new boss and so on.

Here is what I have been doing to prepare:

  • reading IEPs and converting into IEPs at a Glance (aka One Page IEPs)
  • creating embedded skills charts for recurring lessons (morning meeting, cooking, etc)
  • making FISH (Family Involvement Starts Here) Notebooks (similar to MOOSE Notebooks) (which contain the school calendar, contact info, and where I put my daily correspondence to families.)
  • reviewing and adapting Unique Curriculum's September Unit
What are you doing to prepare?

End note: you know you have been blogging for a while when you run a Google search for links to include in your post and the first several hits are all to your own blog!

2 comments:

  1. Kate -

    I'd be interested in hearing more about your FISH notebooks. I'd like to do something like that with my students this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is the link from when I wrote about FISH Notebooks before.

    http://teachinglearnerswithmultipleneeds.blogspot.com/2007/07/fish-notebooks.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments and respectful discussion are welcome and encouraged! No advertisements or spamming.

Contact Me at:

Contact Me at:

Visit our advertisers:

Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation SpinLife.com, LLC Try Nick Jr. Boost FREE for 7 Days LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Build-A-Bear HearthSong - Toys Outlet