Sunday, April 6, 2008

Adaptive Feeding Equipment

I was at a party last night which was attended by many people who work with adults with intellectual disabilities. At some point the conversation turned to options for specialized feeding equipment for some of their clients. They were looking for cups or straws that slow down drinking, among other items. We looked at pictures of one way straw valves, nosy cups and flo-trol cups and discussed the possibilities. During the discussion I realized a slide show of options like that I have posted for dynamic display AAC and switches might be helpful. So here you are pictures of assistive technology for eating including feeding devices, cups, drink bottles, forks, spoons, knives, plates and bowls:


  1. Hi there, the drink bottles with the straws coming from the bottom - any ideas where you can get those - or their name. I haven't had any luck finding them.

  2. You can find them at places like Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS, Walmart. I don't know what they are called.

  3. I'm looking for a weighted bowl. Any ideas? Thanks.


Comments and respectful discussion are welcome and encouraged! No advertisements or spamming.

Contact Me at:

Contact Me at:

Visit our advertisers:

Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation, LLC Try Nick Jr. Boost FREE for 7 Days ... Label the things you love !! Build-A-Bear HearthSong - Toys Outlet